- The Process of Perfection
- Production CADs denote how and where each frame will be cut from sheets of custom-designed acetate
- Acetate sheets are cut by machine, specific to the shape of each frame
- Extracting the raw frame shape from its acetate sheet
- The manual, hand filing process carves raw angles into each prototype…
- … Followed by further shaping and refining by hand
- Acetate frame fronts and their corresponding temples
- A metal hinge is fused into acetate for integrity of strength; no adhesives or glues are ever used in Oliver Peoples products
- Using a lens pattern, the frame and lenses are matched
- Along with the most advanced machinery in the world, hand tools like calipers and files are still utilized to create our eyewear
- For a limited-edition product like the Sir Series Vintage capsule, the temple caps are hand-tooled with our signature designs
Omega Speedmaster 105.003-64, “Ed White”, cal. 321.
It’s SIHH this week, one of the two major watch conferences in the year that takes place in Geneva. Most of the higher end brands release their novelties this week, whereas the rest are released during BaselWorld in March.
From what I’ve heard and observed, watches are much more important in big…
contrary to popular belief, dry cleaning cashmere can actually be bad for the life of your sweater. the toxic chemicals used in dry cleaning can break down the fibers, and deodorant may cause discoloration. turns out, you should really be hand washing cashmere (it’ll be much softer too), so we…
Brogue boots by Marc’O Polo